Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.
I LOVE Apple Pie Moonshine! I can’t stand the kind you buy in the store though, it’s always really rough and tastes like acetone or rubbing alcohol, a few years ago a friend of mine gave me a hand written recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine using Everclear, I have teamed up with Everclear to bring you all this awesome recipe for Apple Pie Moonshine that’s tasty but also smooth.
Everclear is a 190 proof grain alcohol made from 100% selected grains, it has a very neutral flavor and is ideal for infusions because it doesn’t change the taste of the final products, most mixologists prefer Everclear for infusions over vodkas or other spirits for this reason. Its high proof is ideal for absorbing and extracting flavor and should be diluted before enjoyed, I have heard some horror stories regarding Everclear but after it’s diluted, it’s no more dangerous than any other spirit or liquor on the market. Everclear is also available in a 151 proof and works just as well as 190 proof, you just might need to add more ingredients and it will obviously alter the proof of the final product.
I decided on Apple Moon Shine because it’s SUPER easy to make and the final product is SO tasty!
- 1 750ML bottle of 190 proof Everclear
- 1 cup of 70 proof Captain Morgan
- 1 quart of Apple Juice
- 1 Gallon of Apple Cider
- 3 cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of White Sugar
- 9 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 case of 10 oz Mason Jars with Lids
- Combine Apple Juice, Cider and Cinnamon Sticks in a large pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer then add Brown Sugar and White Sugar until dissolved. Once dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool for several hours(Its VERY important to allow the mixture to fully cool).
- This is where it became tricky for me because I didn't have a large enough pan. I used a 5-gallon plastic water jug and a funnel to mix the sugar/juice mixture with the alcohols. I placed a plastic sandwich bag on the mouth of the jug and secured with a plastic sandwich bag so I can fully mix it. Once mixed I added the mixture to the mason jars. I was able to fill all of the jars and refilled the Everclear bottle with some left over to sample! You can drink it right away or allow it to infuse more over time in the refrigerator.
Everclear has a HUGE selection of recipes available on their website! I really hope to try some of these recipes in the near future.
The Chocolate Liqueur sounds AMAZING!!
They also have a store locator on their website so you can find their products near you!