My chronic pain has been almost unbearable lately so I’ve been doing a lot of casseroles lately! Breakfast Casserole is always a favorite in our house and its SO easy to make!
You can put literally ANYTHING into breakfast casserole, I typically use bacon, sausage, eggs and home fries but I have made it using hash browns and fresh potatoes in the past, I’ve even made it using Duck eggs!
I mix it up almost every single time I make it and I often use fresh ingredients but this particular recipe I am sharing uses a mixture of fresh and frozen for a super easy and tasty meal.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 bag of frozen potatoes(I used Shaw's brand potatoes O'Brien)
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese(I sometimes do 2 depending on how cheesy I want it)
- 2 packages of precooked frozen maple sausage
- 1lb Bacon
- Seasonings(We use Jane's Krazy Mixed-up Original Salt)
- Cook Bacon ahead of time(I cook it in the oven at 350 for around 15 minutes) unless you purchase precooked bacon and defrost the precooked sausage in the microwave per the directions on package.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a baking dish generously with cooking spray.
- Combine frozen potatoes, bacon and sausage in a large dish, in separate dish whisk eggs, milk, cheese and seasonings until blended, pour over potato/bacon/sausage mixture and mix.
- Place mixture into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and cook for 35-45 minutes, remove cover and bake uncovered another 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
I love the fact that it doesn’t require much effort which is great for the days when my chronic pain is unbearable and is better than ordering out! It’s relatively cheap to make and makes a large portion so it’s great for large groups! It’s always a huge hit in our house and very rarely are there leftovers!