Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for creating this recipe.
I have teamed up with CFE International, a company who for over 40 years has focused on production and import/export of salted dried fish, their brands include Cristobal, Buena Ventura, Isla Brisa and BacalaRico are considered premier quality salt fish and CFE International is the world’s largest distributor of genuine Gaspé Cure Cod.
I’m not going to lie, I’ve never worked with salted dried fish before so this was a WHOLE new experience for me, I was sent a few packages of their Cristobal Brand Salted Cod Fillets to create a recipe, I have always loved fish tacos so I KNEW I wanted to make them!
Each package contains 1 lb of salted fish, to start you need to soak 1lb of fish in 6 cups of fresh water for 24 hours, I was really worried the fish was going to be really salt in the end, I changed the water 4 times in 24 hours and honestly you would NEVER know this product was salted if you didn’t know. I rubbed the fish down in olive oil and topped with a Canadian Love Rub spice mixture and these fish tacos are SO tasty!
Here is the recipe!
- 1 package of Cristobal Brand Salted Cod Fillets that have soaked in water for 24 hours
- 4 flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of mixed greens
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado Sour Cream:
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 2 Avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup green onions-sliced
- Canadian Love Rub: Garlic, Black Pepper, Coriander, Chili, Salt, Dill, Corn Oil and Oleoresin of Paprika
- Allow Fish to soak in fresh water for 24 hours, pat dry and rub with Olive Oil and Spices, Place Fish in pan on medium heat, while fish is cooking process Avocados and combine in food processor with Sour Cream, Lime Juice from 1 lime and green onion, blend for a minute, place in dish for later.
- Once fish is fully cooked transfer to flour Tortillas, top with sour cream mixture, cheese, shredded carrots and mixed greens and enjoy!
You can purchase their products at Hannaford Bros., Price Chopper and Shaw’s.