Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.
I love baking this time of year so I am super excited to team up with American Heritage Chocolate and try out their products in some of my holiday baking.
American Heritage Chocolate which is part of the MARS chocolate family is an authentic historical line of chocolate products that your family will LOVE! Their products are made using a recipe that is from the 1750s and uses only ingredients relevant to that era.
Their product line features Chocolate Bites which are mini pillars of chocolate, Chocolate Blocks which are blocks of chocolate that you can chip pieces off of for your favorite recipes(also great for melting!), Chocolate Sticks and Chocolate Drink.
One of the things that set American Heritage Chocolate apart from other chocolate companies is that the recipe they use features a fantastic blend of spices which includes cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise, and vanilla. This creates a unique flavor that is both sweet and tangy and I was very surprised at how well these spices pair with chocolate.
American Heritage Chocolate products are also Kosher-certified, made without dairy, wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts, and is made in a facility that does not contain peanuts and tree nuts.
I decided to use their Chocolate Drink in one of my favorite recipe that called for baking cocoa, their Chocolate Drink makes a fantastic substitute for baking cocoa and with the added spices it adds a whole new level of flavor to recipes.
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoon of American Heritage Chocolate Drink Mix
- 1/2 Cup Of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter(I prefer 1 cup because we LOVE peanut butter)
- 3 cups of Quick Cook Oats
- For Chocolate Sauce:
- 4 Chocolate Sticks
- Melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat, add sugar, chocolate drink mix, milk and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add Peanut Butter and Quick Oats.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then roll into balls.
- Melt Chocolate Sticks on stove using Double Boiler and drizzle over balls.