Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.
I have teamed up with Spiced Up Box again and today I am doing a recap of the February Box which has been one of my favorites!
Spiced Up is a monthly subscription box that delivers hand-selected spices with facts on origin, history, and how to use them, as well as a kitchen-tested recipe. You can also purchase individual packages of spices on their website.
My February box arrived on time but because I’ve been really ill over the month of February and March I just recently got to check it out.
The box featured:
- Tarragon which originates in France and features a bittersweet power flavor and has many uses including in vinegar flavoring, eggs, sauces, dressings, mustards, fish, meats, and stews.
- Sinful Sinnamon which has a sweet and warm taste and is a spice blend that features cinnamon, allspice, orange peel, nutmeg, cloves, and garlic. It goes well with desserts, toast and as a drink rimmer, it’s a great substitute for traditional cinnamon.
- Cocoa Mojo Rub was one of my favorite items I’ve ever received from Spiced Up, It features cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, chili powder, salt, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, mustard, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice. It’s excellent on chicken, steaks, chops, spareribs and a REALLY tasty addition to chilis and soups.
- Love Potion #9 Rose Water was a really unique item to include, it’s sweet and floral and reminds me of spring! It features just rose petals and water and has been a staple in Middle Eastern, Greek, and Indian Cuisine. It’s great for baking, glazes, pastries, cookies, flavored sugar, baklava, rice pudding ice cream and so much more! The box also included information on Rose Water including that before 1841(before vanilla was widely available) Rose Waster was very popular and is a relatively inexpensive product that is also strong so only a few drops goes a long way.
- It also included a heart-shaped mold that is perfect for eggs and pancakes!
This box was well themed around February and I loved the Cocoa Mojo Rub and Rose Water, The heart shaped mold was a nice addition and again I was left really impressed with the quality and quantity of the spices sent.
Boxes are $20 a month and I think they are a STEAL!