Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.
I have teamed up with World Vision to bring awareness to their upcoming World Vision Global 6K for Water on May 6th, 2017.
The World Vision Global 6K for Water on May 6th, 2017 is an online 6k that will bring togeather 40,000 people from around the globe to walk or run 6 kilometers to raise awareness of the global water crisis and support World Vision’s water initiatives. The $50 registration fee supports World Vision’s water programs and each participant will receive a Global 6K for Water t-shirt, a race bib with a photo of a child he or she can sponsor, and a race medal in the mail.
There are also multiple ways YOU can make a difference by doing the following:
- Become a Global 6K Host Site: Work together with your church, school, community center or run club to register as a host site (it’s free!) and spread the word about how fun and easy it is to support clean water programs around the world! Whether your goal is 10 or 100 people, World Vision will equip you with all the marketing materials, race day signage and staff support for a successful race day. If you can’t become a host site, considering running or walking with other Global 6K for Water participants at a host site near you.
- Start a Global 6K Virtual Team: Invite friends and family all around the country to join your “team” even though you will each be walking or running from your own neighborhoods on race day. Even those who wish to participate individually, whether on a treadmill or around the neighborhood, can take part in a global effort to support clean water!
- Turn Coffee into Clean Water: Even small amounts of money can make a big difference for families around the world. Once a week, put the money that might normally be used to purchase your morning latte toward a “clean water fund.” Over the course of a year, you could set aside as much as $250 to support World Vision’s water programs.
- Change a Life Through Child Sponsorship: Poverty is complex and rarely solved by one intervention. Sponsoring a child is a long-term way to get involved with World Vision and help a child – and his or her entire community – benefit from things like clean water through new or renovated wells, school fees and supplies, better education due to restored schools and teacher training, improved nutrition due to agricultural training, and healthcare clinics and immunizations.
- Become a Part of Team World Vision: The Global 6K for Water is just one event organized by Team World Vision, a group of passionate people who run, walk and race to help children get clean water. Join Team World Vision for support in reaching your own fitness goals while helping others around the world.
Why support clean water through World Vision?
World Vision believes the global water and sanitation crisis can be solved within our lifetime. World Vision provides a new person with clean water every 30 seconds as part of a full solution to end poverty. In 2015, World Vision provided access to clean water to 2.3 million people, and the organization’s goal is to provide clean water and sanitation to one new person every 10 seconds by 2020.
I am not sure if I will actually be able to participate in the 6k, I do plan to raise awareness and I really hope all of you will considering taking part!