Alden’s Organic Ice Cream Review

Stephs Cheers and Jeers was provided the samples mentioned in this post in return for an unbiased review.  

9062_10151628925534344_1722624643_nAlden’s Organic Ice Cream is a certified organic ice cream company, which means greater than 95% percent organic ingredients go into their products, and the other less than 5% are approved per the “National List” approved by USDA. The USDA “National List” is simply a set of ingredients which cannot be sourced organically, but are needed in processing. Also The cows are given access to organically managed outdoor living spaces to allow for their natural comfort behaviors as pasture animals. Also they are eating organically grown feed that doesn’t have commercial pesticides or fertilizers used in the growing as they are organically farmed. This combined with homeopathic health management promotes a healthier cow that does not need antibiotics or hormones and makes for higher quality milk. Their products are of course Non GMO and Kosher.

 

 Their flavors include Vanilla, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Strawberry, Peanut Butter Chip, Blackberry, Mint Chip, Butter Brittle and Cookies and Cream.

DSCF1644

I had to drive a little over 10 miles to pick it up at my local food coop. Some Shaw’s stores carry it but if you are looking to buy it be sure to check out their store locator. 

Review:

DSCF1645

I got three flavors, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla and Chocolate Chocolate Chip.

My Personally favorite was the Cookies and Creams, it was loaded with flavor and tasted JUST like a cream cookie. It had good sized pieces of cookie bits and the ice cream was so creamy, it melted in your mouth.

The Vanilla was also creamy and had a great natural vanilla bean flavor to it.

The Chocolate Chocolate Chip I gave to my brother to try since I am not a huge chocolate fan and he loved it, it was loaded with flavor and was also creamy.

It was super hard tracking down this ice cream actually because only one place in a 20 mile radius sells it and when they DO have it in stock it sells very fast. I actually had to get put on a list so when the store got a shipment they would call me right away so I could come buy it. I guess its very popular in our area and sells out normally the day they get a shipment.

I wish more stores sold it around here because It was some of the best tasting ice cream I’ve ever had to be honest.

Visit their website to learn more about their ice cream.

1 comment / Add your comment below

  1. Pure junk. Who cares if its organic when its loaded with fillers, stabilizers and inflammatory soy. Tapioca Starch*, Guar Gum*, Soy Lecithin*, Locust Bean Gum*, Xanthan Gum. Real ice cream has nothing but pure cream (with no gums), milk, sugar, vanilla extract and sometimes egg yolks.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.