Here is a recipe for meatballs that are ALWAYS a huge hit in my house!
I make a large batch of it, because I love eating it for a few days 😉
Three Pounds of Hamburger
One can of Mushrooms or one package of fresh mushrooms
One red pepper
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
Spices(I personally used oregano, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic power, onion powder)
One can of broth(I used Garden flavored)
1) Combine Mushrooms, Red Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil and a few tablespoons of Breadcrumbs in Food Processor(Or chop mushrooms, red pepper and onion by hand and set aside in large dish)
2) Combine in bowl(with the mushroom mixture) Hamburger,Breadcrumbs, Eggs, Milk and Spices.
3) Mix with hands, On Stove, heat a skillet with olive oil in it, Form Meatballs by hand(I got about 25 meatballs out of the above recipe)
4) Drop meatballs in skillet, Pour about a 1/2 of broth in pan*
* I saw this on a cooking show, and have found that the broth prevents the meatballs from drying out and adds a nice flavor as well
5)Brown meatballs until they are cooked
During the next step I usually have my crock pot out with two-three jars of my favorite pasta sauce, with two cans of chopped tomatoes added, I then add the meatballs into that mixture to keep them warm while I cook the pasta, I prepare this that way because my husband works late and I can prepare it ahead of time!